INSECTA: Planet of the Ants
by W Thor Larson
Take the best Nat Geo WILD specials on ants, mix in the Science Channel’s “Monster Bug Wars,” add mantis claw swords, elytra shields, giant war beetles, and armored millipede tanks, cast the brew in fantasy, and you’ve got INSECTA: Planet of the Ants. Iridescent imagination flies high, burrows deep, and attacks head-on in this epic adventure set in a distant bioluminescent world where gigantic insects rule and powerful ant queens lock mandibles in a deadly chess game of massive proportions.
ZOMBIE NEST (Book 1)
Keep it sealed – or all is lost!
Phorid flies overwhelm the Schumanni ant nest, laying eggs in their prey and turning them into zombies. Desperate to keep the flies from infesting the entire land, Queen Cordia retreats to her chambers, seals her infected brood underground, and sends her son Nodosa on a perilous mission to enlist the help of the legendary leafcutter ants. But can the armored leafcutters rescue the Queen before the zombie ants and flies reach her? Or will the fire ants unseal the nest and let loose the monsters within?
What are readers saying?
- “My 11-year-old son loved this book! [It’s] perfect for a boy who loves science, bugs, war strategy, adventure, and suspense. My son was captivated by the wonderful writing and original story, and he can’t wait to see what will happen next in the series.”
- “Cool! My favorite parts are riding flying stag beetles, the fire ant super soldiers, the slaver queen’s attack, the exploding kamikaze ants, the acid-spitting butterfly, and when the ants go into the zombie nest.”
- “This story is far removed from the often predetermined pattern in fantasy–it’s not your typical wizards and dragons. Refreshing and out-of-the-ordinary!”
- “[A] gifted writer [with] so much inspiration and creativity. I really love the facts about the ants after each chapter. The best apocalyptic book that I have read in a long time. This is a must read.”
- “Fantastic! Fun filled fantasy frolic through the world of the friendly Formicidaens. But seriously, I thought it was a creative, original plot and imaginative setting.”
- “Very detailed and well written. This book captures your attention from the first page.”
- “We bought it today and [my son] already finished it and loved it.”
- “I’m on chapter five and you’re my new favorite author!”
- “This book is so great. I can’t tell you how many things I’m learning.”
- “A fantastic read! … This would make a great movie or graphic novel.”
- “Very Imaginative and Creative.”
- “Good original story.”
See the review by The Literate Mother